Saturday 13 July 2013

Your jeans are getting SMART thanks to your Smartphone!

I was standing in door of the train… watching rain drops dripping from the door frame… suddenly a voice brought me back from my world of imagination. The mechanical voice said ‘पुढील स्थानक दादर... अगला स्थानक दादर… Next Station Dadar.’ So I just adjust myself for what is about to happen in the next few seconds. Even before train stops people enter the train in the “THIS IS SPARTAAAA!!” momentum… before I could balance myself the boy next to me started making MJ moves all of a suddeen. While I was figuring out what got into him, I saw him pull out his smartphone from his pocket.

image courtesy - semiconductorworld (facebook.com)

This was when the random idea of smart pants hit me. In that crowd train where each & everyone were posing as any statue in museums, I began day dreaming. I could see a full scope of starting a social movement against normal pants. I could see rally and hear slogans in my head demanding for pockets that would hold these gigantic phones.  ‘Give us justice! We want justice! We want smart pants! We want smart pocket pants! Give us justice! We want justice! … 

image courtesy - MyIndiaPictures.com

After this incidence while going home I observed many people who pulled out their smartphone from their trousers or jeans. Some of them were comfortable with it but few of them kept struggling at it. I was observing this with such concentration that I thought I would soon become a self trained pickpocketer.

When I got off, I went to the tailor to ask about this pocket secret & then I came to know something which I named ‘SMART POCKET.’ The new fashion trend in clothing (basically men’s wear but it can be in ladies fashion industry) where the pockets of jeans & trousers are purposefully stitched big in size just to fit your mobile which is nearly equal to standard sized tablet. So I don’t know have you ever noticed or not but your pockets are getting bigger & bigger just to take care & give more space to your smartphone.

Photo by - Swapnil G.
Once there was a time when you had to literally dance or exercise to pull out your cell phones even though they were small in size. Most of the time this attempts resulted in dissection of phone at public places like bus stop, colleges where SIM goes in north… cell body in east… battery in third direction… Even though you managed to pull it out in single piece it becomes too late & you will have missed the call. But now this is all history thanks to your SMART clothing. Most of us are not aware about this change but now demand of these big pockets is rising & tailors are demanding extra money for modifying this ‘Anndar ki baat’. Most of the people are unaware about this mind blowing phenomenon. But as history says man learns from his mistake (women don’t learn from their mistake I guess) the same logic goes for this awareness.

image courtesy - foxnews.com
Are stretchable jeans a byproduct of technological revolution?
According to some shopkeepers in Thane the demand of Stretchable jeans had increased from past few months. Big size mobile phones & cheap rates are two important reasons for this they answered while giving insides of this trend. These jeans are skin fitting but they have great flexibility so you can easily keep your cell phone in it. ‘Sahab ye Kapda sasta ho ta hai par jada tikta hai’ (the garment used for this jeans is cheap but it sustains for a long period of time) is answer of Kumar Clothing center’s manager while talking about this new trend. Cheap Techno savvy & with latest fashion TAG this jeans are on high priority of must buy things for gen X.

Some of the changes in this new trend

> Pockets are stitched little lower end than traditional pants, to avoid the obstacle of belt while taking out your.

> Pockets are stitched in a little more vertical fashion.

> For the users who don’t use mobile covers the cloth used for stitching theinsides of pocket is of higher quality.

> Pockets are well finished for taking extra care of your touch screen phone.

> No there is no demand for Chor khisa (pocket stitched from inner side of pant) now people want BIG pockets.
(Information source Tailor in my local area Louiswadi Thane)

Smartphones have outgrown the average pants pocket, designer says
Read more on
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/04/25/smartphones-have-outgrown-average-pants-pocket/ this link

Some of the models who brought this unnoticed revolution are

Micromax Canvas series
Iball Andy
Sony Xperia
LG Optimums
Motorola razr
Nokia Lumia series
Samsung galaxy series
HTC
Apple iPhone 4S
& some other from brands such as
LAVA
Karbonn Titanium 
Lenovo
Videocon
other China mobiles


Let me know if you have ever knew or even thought about this techno fashion change before reading this article? Have you experienced any such incidence when you find it difficult to get out your cell phone from pants pocket? Or do feel free to share your any experience about your smartphone size.

Till then enjoy your monsoon but do take care of your smartphones & give them some SPACE.

5 comments:

  1. A very enlightening and hilarious piece. Reading it made me realize that technology has far-reaching effects on our lifestyle...apart from the obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shape technology according to our needs. However, I never gave a thought to this growing pocket size of our jeans. Rather I felt happy that I got more space for my stuffing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your inspiration (the train part),especially the MJ dance. Even remotely i didn't think that smart pants are going to help smart phones :P. Mainly because, however wide your pocket is, the entire phone cant fit in. It's for us to wait n watch, whether the trend of large phones would continue or small and portable phones would be back in fashion. Or clothes would be designed to protect our huge smart phones. Funny thought, let's see where it takes us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change in Technology leads to cahnge in lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one would have wondered that an mobile phone can cause difference in sizes of our pockets...
    Well Thank u Swapnil for highlighting on dis latest trend in fashion due to technology.
    Well technology is bringing far widening changes I must say.

    ReplyDelete