Wednesday 31 July 2013

Mobile phones getting smarter, People .... Not so...

We all live in a smart world, at least in terms of technology we do. With all these latest gadgets mobile phones, tablets, laptops our lives have become a lot simpler the world a lot smaller and people a lot closer (though in relative terms).

However speaking in much more clearer terms, the technology has got smart, but the people using it not so, a clear evidence would be in ourselves, we take a lot of time, infact sometimes we need the help of calculators to do some simple mathematical calculations, where as if we give that same question to our parents they can solve it with relative ease.

If you search the net, you would come across data which would suggest that Indian have IQ in the range of 80 to 85 Americans’ around 98 and Japan at 107, it would come as a surprise to you that even Iraq’s avg IQ is better than India’s . Although I wouldn’t count on those numbers, but when I look at my friends I sometimes feel that these numbers are right.

But who should we blame for such a low average? Which, apparently denote our smartness,Well if you ask me, I won’t sweat on it much, cause 1st it’s just a number, and numbers can’t dictate your life, Unless those numbers are on your pay check. And 2nd these studies are conducted by people who have no idea of what India really is, It’s place where jugad plays an important role.

Anyways getting back to the topic, the reason why I say that people are not getting smart is because we are getting lazy. I mean think of it, if you have a tiny hand held device that can do all your work for you, that is remind you of important dates, keep a track of your schedules you have a lot of time in your hand that you can spend on Facebook, Twitter, or in my case just write a blog.

If you ask me which examples would you give? I can give you examples with categories

·         Politicians: gone are the days of chacha Nehru and Mahatma Gandhi, gone are the days of Iron lady of India, Mrs. Indira Gandhi they were true politicians who thought of the nation, and now, their own generation Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi ... Hmm No more explanation required.

·         Musicians: Kishore kumar, R.D burman, Michael Jackson etc, these musicians were not just talented but they commanded respect, and who are we stuck with today? Justin beiber, lyl wayne, himesh reshamya not disrespect to them, but I think you get my point.
The list can be endless, you yourself can put many names to these category, perhaps even add more.

Now what’s my point in writing this piece of article, It’s just a statement that “It’s not the people who are getting idiotic, but it’s the technology that’s getting smarter and since we don’t like people to people interactions anymore atleast not face to face, we generalise everyone as ... “woh toh yeda hai ... kuch kaam ka nahi”

With this I end my article with a statement “I am proud to be a not so smart person, atleast I am smart enough to choose humans over technology”


No comments:

Post a Comment